Curries are deliciously full-flavored and satisfying after a hike in the backcountry. This one uses rice “glass” noodles, which require only soaking, no cooking. It’s ultralight without compromising on taste.
- 100g-120g fine rice noodles (break the bundles apart to get a close amount)
- 12 ml vegetable oil (1 sachet)
- 50g sachet of Vietnamese curry paste
- 60g sachet coconut milk powder (makes 1 cup)
- 45g freeze-dried mixed vegetables (onion, carrot, corn, peas)
- Boil water to rehydrate vegetables and noodles. Cover each with boiling water and leave aside 10 minutes.
- Add warm water to the coconut milk powder to make 1 cup milk.
- Make the sauce by heating the oil and adding the curry paste. Gradually add the coconut milk. Add the vegetables and then the noodles at the end.